Sunday, February 24, 2008

Simple Crafting


The Simple Bib in Mums , originally uploaded by varenia.

Today was a low point in my world of sewing and crafting. I worked so hard drafting a pattern for a summer dress, and nothing was coming together. UGGHHH. I was getting so frustrated I just had to step away from the project for a little bit, and decided to switch gears and do something totally different for awhile, so I whipped up this bib for the shop. Turned out pretty cute, especially for an everyday simple bib, the type of thing I like to throw on Piper casually as she decimates whatever I place in front of her. I'm pondering creating a second type of bib for the shop, something nicer, more of the going out to dinner or having a birthday variety, with chenille backing instead of flannel... Feels good to be productive even in the midst of a complete pattern-drafting-sewing-coordinating disaster.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow--your stuff is AMAZING! Sorry the dress was frustrating you so! Good for you to stop and do something else! Saves you from having to remake the same area over and over (at least that's what happens to me if I don't step away!). I LOVE the fabrics you use!!! Now I'm off to look through your shop! :)

Jennifer
MonsterBug Blankets