Sunday, May 10, 2009

i got it from my mama

mother's day
Hope everyone had a wonderful (and relaxing!) Mother's Day! We spent the weekend in a little cabin in the Yosemite Mountains, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate this special day than to sit on a porch all day and watch my little ones come and go.

We had grand plans of hiking the falls, exploring the meadows, and sniffing out animal trails, but most of the plans were vetoed (by the smaller Jensens) and we mainly stayed close to "home" this year.

There were creations to be built.
IMG_0982
IMG_0978
IMG_0974

There were stories to be read.
IMG_0951

There were quality outings with Grandma.
IMG_0955

There were games to be played.
IMG_0950

There were sights to be seen.


There were babes to be snuggled.
IMG_1035

Happy Mother's Day to all.

5 comments:

Rae said...

oh crazy! I just finished a sunhat for my 2 yo this afternoon that looks exactly like that adorable one you have pictured!! I made my pattern up b/c I couldn't find a pattern I liked... (:

Liz said...

What sweet pictures! Sounds like a fun trip and memorable Mother's Day!

Ciara said...

HI! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! I just love what you do here and I will definitely be back very soon.
My main blog is Milkmoon where I blog most days. Usually about Mama stuff. Hope to talk to you again!

Ciara said...

I just popped back to have another look, and can I say that the 'storytime' picture just breaks my heart. In a good way. It's so familiar and timeless and heartwarming.

What a beautiful family you have!

Ps. I also did a wee post about Whole Grain Baby on Carnival... I hope that's ok! :-)

Mommyof2girlz said...

Looks like a great Mother's Day. :)