Thursday, April 23, 2009

birthday girl


Apple's other special request, a yellow dress with a "touch" of pink and red.  She loooves how this dress turned out, and even slept in it yesterday.  I, on the otherhand, had a different idea I guess, because I wasn't thrilled with the dress.  I like it, but somehow the end product isn't quite in alignment with my vision, although I have yet to figure out where I went wrong.  Oh well, she likes it, and in fact is already putting her order in for her birthday dress when it's her "five birthday".  

Her birthday wouldn't be complete without some "apple" gifts, and the sweet blouse (above) was a custom creation from Victoria of Free Range Baby.  I discovered her shop while searching for some birthday gifts, and am so impressed with the quality, craftsmanship, and beautiful packaging.

Rye worked forever on such a special card for his sister, complete with all of the things she loves:  piggies, flamingoes, apples, hearts, flowers, balloons, sunshine, and cake.  I am loving that the children are getting old enough to make and plan and surprise each other.  Probably my best memories of this birthday was all of the "hush hush", planning, surprising, and thought that went into it, especially by Rye and Piper.  
I honestly never imagined four years ago that this girl would be so amazing.  

1 comment:

Liz said...

Her dress is very sweet. Did you also finish the Far away fabric one? I would love to see it. I am making one out of the princess fabric currently for my little girl!