Thursday, February 19, 2009

birdie & birdie


birdie & birdie, originally uploaded by varenia.

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...

We've been celebrating Piper's second birthday throughout the week, including a fun outing yesterday to the Long Beach Aquarium with Grandma & Grandpa. My little sand-Piper loved feeding the lorikeets! {Although she didn't really want to hold them... too close!}

On Tuesday, which was her actual birthday, my mind was boggled all day by the fact that she's only been here two years. I just couldn't get my brain wrapped around the fact that I brought her home just two years ago, and to make it even harder to believe, that since bringing her home from the hospital, I've brought another baby home! Craziness.

Richard and I have noticed over the past few months how much her language and vocabulary have just exploded, but this week I've made a discovery I'm none too happy about... since when has my sweet girl stopped calling me Mama and started calling me MOM? Yup, that's right. All week it's been "MOM! MOM! Look!" or "Coo Mom". {Coo= Cool. Yes. My 2 year old says "cool". Especially when she has new birthday shoes that are bright pink and shaped like ducks. They are pretty cool.}

Happy Birthday, Birdie Girl.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I think our dd started saying Mom about that time also, maybe a little sooner. It is much nicer to hear mama, which still gets some affectionate use. You have two with February birthdays? Both of mine are October babies. Thanks for stopping by my flickr. Those twill tags are pretty handy. I found bright colored "twill" tape 50% off at hancock's, but it's polyester, not cotton. I'm going to experiment and see if they work the same, and are soft enough.