Monday, December 22, 2008

smiles & snuggles

first smiles...

Jack's been smiling on and off for a couple weeks, but they've been of the sporadic "catch-me-if-you-can" variety until today. Upon wakening and being charmed by both my sweet little love and the early morning light I grabbed my camera and was able to capture a few of these precious firsts.

cheese!

Hey, Jack, would you like some ham with that cheese?!... Oh, that face. I thought for sure I'd be a mess at this age, as it means unofficially, of course, that the newborn stage is over. But when I see those smiles... I had also forgotten how amazing it is once babies are able to stay quietly alert during feedings. Although I loved those first nursings, they all ended up with Jack induced into the "newborn coma" and now he wants to nurse just to say hi to me, to stare at me, to have me hold him while we both say so much, and nothing at all, all at the same time.

cozy

Life is good.

2 comments:

Janette said...

These pictures are so precious! And Kuddos to you for posting a beautiful nursing picture. I am also a nursing Mom and I am so tired of people making it out to be a bad thing and something we should hide. You have beautiful products and children.

Happy Holidays! Janette

I'm Shannon said...

These photos are fantastic! I can just feel his joy, and yours!