Sunday, September 21, 2008

newest creations and third trimester rambles...



As my tummy grows bigger... and bigger... I'm finding it harder and harder to get anything done. Especially things that require foresight, like charging the batteries to my camera so I actually have photos to post. And a million other things. I really am trying to keep up with my blogging, but somehow it seems to slip away most of the time! I have a feeling after the little one comes home and Rye is more settled in kindergarten I'll be back to posting more often... Until then...

I've been doing some sewing. "Some" is quite the understatement, actually, as the rest of my house will attest too. But no complaints here! The shop has picked up quite a bit after a little summer slump, keeping me quite busy cutting and serging away, and I've been trying to complete some new fall dresses as well, which are almost done. The first of the batch is the fall shift in mint chocolate:



Richard and the children have been keeping busy as well, devoting every weekend to landscaping our new backyard. We took this pic right around the time we moved in:



And a little snippet of that corner of the yard now:



That's a Buddha's Belly variety of bamboo, and one of my absolute favorite new things in the yard. So pretty, it makes me smile every day. The other things making me smile are Sha & Ba (new pet turtles for the koi pond... we did have one casualty already, however, Turtle Parrot didn't make it...) and Tantu & Zen (aka "Animal") the koi. We're building quite the little ecosystem back there, and I must say all of the neighborhood animals are loving the water feature. I plan on posting some koi pond pics once the new pets get settled, they're still pretty skittish and getting used to their new home and the pond itself isn't quite finished. Almost.

I'll leave you now with a shot of Apple helping out... (who says 3-year-olds and large, sharp tools don't mix?!)...

2 comments:

elliebelle said...

Oh, I would love to have a pond with turtles and fish - but it doesn't really make sense when it is freezing 6 months out of the year here in Wisconsin! haha...Cute little dress too!

Heather said...

I dont know how you get any of this sewing done being pregnant! I was absolutely useless the last three months of mine ;)
you go girl! Your little one is coming soon, right??? Congrats!~