Sunday, September 7, 2008

i'm still here!

I know I've been M.I.A. for awhile, but I've been busy, I promise. Some of the exciting things going on around here:



I was featured in this lovely treasury... and also on the front page of Etsy chosen from a seperate treasury, below:



The overwhelming response and support of my swing coats has been amazing! Thank you to everyone for your very kind words!




There's been much sewing time, too! These three are some of my newest creations, another fall dress and some skirts. I am really loving all of the home dec. weight fabrics available right now, and so many of them are perfect for a little extra body in our fall wardrobes. Both of the skirts use a medium weight cotton from Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy line, combined with a regular cotton poplin from the amazing Garden Party line from Anna Maria Horner. Love love love that Garden Party.

Probably the most exciting, monumental, and unforgettable has been Rye's foray into kindergarten! He has officially finished his first week! Here he is on the first day:



Notice all the green? His favorite. And the shirt with the number "5" on it, because that's his number. All personally chosen by the kindergartener himself. Let me tell you, finding that green backpack with an animal on it was no easy task, but just what he wanted... It's been a roller coaster of a week, with my slow-to-warm boy adjusting a bit better to his new classmates than I anticipated. It's still a struggle to get him to say hello and goodbye to people, but I've heard he's actually engaging with some kids in the classroom and on the playground, so that's progress.

And can you believe just a little over a month until our newest little one is due? And can you believe that I still haven't made anything for him yet?! I will, it's just so hard to decide exactly what I want (or need) and what amazing fabrics to use since I seem to be inundated with amazing fabrics these days! I did pick up Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones, and there's a pattern for a very snuggly blanket-wrap-type-thing that I think I'll give a try. Seems perfect for an October baby.

That's all the news for now! I cross my fingers I'll try to post more often :)! Have a great week!

3 comments:

elliebelle said...

That little skirt is adorable! Can't wait to see what you make for the new one that is about to arrive. :)

Mel said...

Glad to hear your doing well. Was wondering about baby. I'm getting ready for Oct. birthdays here. A slew, my dh, mom, and both kids, and a cousin. The coats are very cute, btw.

Mrs. V said...

I love your blog and music, even if it's copied from Dana...she added to her playlist and now I don't like it as much, don't add to yours, it's great.

My daughter is due 9/29 with her second boy so I can't buy any of your cute outfits. Post a picture of yourself and glorious belly, my daughter let us take pictures of her last week-end and I love her photos.

There is a beach picture that shows some of your belly but you need to show off your wonderful figure. I'll send you some of her photos if you e-mail me.

When are you due?