Friday, August 8, 2008

an 80 degree autumn



It's hard for me to even think about fall when it's sooo warm around here (I'm sure the extra 50 pounds I'm sporting doesn't help) but yes, it really is time for one of my favorite times of year, back to school, and the embracing of the coming autumn season. This is my first "fall" since starting Whole Grain Baby, and I've had so much fun dreaming of colorful ensembles for the little ones, and all of those great jackets, coats, and layering pieces.

The dress above is the first in my fall collection, a little shift dress in black zinnia. I love how all of the colors came together, and long for the weather to cool down enough to see one of my little ones putting it together with some great tights and a pair of boots or wellies!

And on a completely seperate note, for those of you who may have noticed my prolonged absence (*awww... shucks*) I'm attempting to keep my posting regular, but I'm just moving s-l-o-w-e-r these days, and am getting sidetracked very easily. So forgive me. And know I have lots of new creations in the works just waiting to be completed and posted, so I'm sure you'll hear again from me soon!

3 comments:

Mel said...

I hope you are feeling well, how near are you to the big event?
I like the sleeves, they really make it pop!

elliebelle said...

LOVE the dress! It is adorable!!!

Carole said...

Whaow... I just bougth this wonderful black/flowers fabric.