Monday, May 19, 2008

strawberry fields

strawberry fields

First strawberries of the season! What a delightful treat for the children, who have been helping Richard tend to our family garden so diligently (ok, Piper not-so-diligently) and have been anticipating eating some of our yummy harvest pretty much every single day for the last month. These berries weren't huge, I don't know if any of them will get that big, not like the ones we buy at the produce stand, but they were delicious. My first cucumber's almost ready too!

9 comments:

Heather said...

We just had our first strawberry harvest as well-- about four of them ;) Isnt it such a good feeling though, to grow your own?

melissa sews said...

Yummy! I just love fresh produce of any kind. Those strawberries look delicious. :) I'm thinking about growing my own, too.

Lisa said...

lucky! we havent even had time to plant anything yet. i better get on that! :)

Jessie said...

Ohhh, I'm envious! We still have a month and a half before strawberries will be ready here!

Erna said...

Oh those look jummy! Ours aren't ready yet...hope to harvest them soon!! Lovely blog you make the most wonderfull skirts and dresses... If I had a girl I'd buy one!!

bottomland said...

Those strawberries look divine! I found your blog through a comment you left on my blog, and I'm so inspired by all the lovely things you make for your girls! Mine is about to turn 3, and I want to make a birthday banner for her. Thanks for all the inspiration!

gnarly nanny said...

in my experience, the small ones are the sweetest!
also, i'm jealous... you've got strawberries weeks and weeks before mine will come in!

kat said...

Oh how I love me some strawberries. We've been really lucky to have some delicious organic ones for over a month now. Not grown by me, mind you. But local nonetheless! Yum!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed reading yours - you make some lovely little gal clothes! I'll definitely stop in again.

Sarah and Jack said...

Our strawberries are so late here this year because of the weather. Hurry up already berries! LOL