Sunday, May 25, 2008

a little japanese crafting


What I'm loving today. I've been feeling a little un-inspired for new designs, particularly when it comes to clothing. To counter the slump I've turned my attention to other accessories, blankets and bibs and the like, and pulled out the japanese craft books for some beautiful inspiration, hoping I'll snap out of it. I think it's working.


This dress on the left has completely re-captivated me. It's one of the main reasons I bought the book. I love the simplicity of it's design, and the possibility for variations. (And isn't the model darling?)




I'm loving these skirts, too. Precious. I definitely thinking the japanese-craft-book pick-me-up is doing it's thing, because the creative wheels are turning already. The book does include some patterns, albeit all in Japanese. But the diagrams are good, and I'm mainly using it for inspiration anyway so I'll be posting what I come up with. Happy crafting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

So funny! I was reading your blog and just saw you left me a comment on mine :) These little outfits are so cute...I envy your sewing skills!

Jessie said...

Yum..I love Japanese crafting books.

Mama Stone said...

Ooh, looks like fun. I can't sew well, but I sure wish I could!

bettyninja said...

I am very addicted to Japanese books like these too.