Tuesday, May 6, 2008

downright delicious


As a mama of two little girls, I'll admit it: I'm addicted to hair clips. Originally they were the cherry on top of a very bald baby's head, but as my girls have grown the "clippie" has morphed from accessory to necessity, keeping stray hairs out of faces, giving "volume" to baby fine locks, and sometimes even giving the most tangled of hair a look that's put together. So for the last three years I've been on a quest for the perfect hair clip: modern, fun, good quality, and great colors. And now I've found it.


Founded by Ruby, a mama of two little girls (named Brave and True, how sweet is that?!) Cakies is a growing Los Angeles based company, with products available both in local boutiques and online. Looking for some extra-special frosting for your little babe? Consider something sweet!

9 comments:

melissa sews said...

Those are adoreable! You girls are just beautiful... aren't little girls so much fun? I had fun with my son - trucks, balls, dirt, and danger - all that little boy stuff is exciting. But girls, they're sweet - sugar and spice and everything nice (most of the time!) And all of the accessories are completely irresistable to me: shoes, bags, bows. I never seem to have enough for her! Thanks for your comment on my blog yesterday :)

Rubyellen said...

thank you so much for such sweet sweet words. It really means a lot and I am so flattered! Thank you!

Dancing Monkey Jewelry said...

What a great idea - you're clips are adorable. Not as adorable as your little girls - no one should be that cute. :)

varenia said...

Dancing Monkey, the clips are cute I must agree! But they're not mine, they are the creation of Cakies founder Ruby. :) I just thought they were so adorable I had to post them! I believe the little girl in the photos is her daughter as well, even cuter than the clips, right?!

Lauren said...

cool clips- my twirlin' would probably love them... and yes, that was henna in the belly pic in my blog. Thanks for posting- have been enjoying yours.- Lauren

bettyninja said...

The quest for cute clips is a good quest. I used to have the cutest handmade clips when I was younger. I love the ones you have shown

MayRae said...

Those are adorable clips! Thanks for sharing a great find. I'll have to check out her shop and see what she recommends for thick little girl hair.

Bethany Hissong said...

We love Rubyellen's cakies!! My 11 yr. old daughter wears them in her hair!

aima said...

I saw these on the home treasury home page yesterday and I thought they looked absolutely wonderful. Such fresh and exciting colours. Real eye candy.