Saturday, May 26, 2007

New Beginnings




Here it is. My first post. My first blog, too... It's been a week of firsts, and somehow it all started with the purchase of a sewing machine. I used to be what I'd call a "crafty" person, bold with color, generous with glitter~ until I had my first baby four years ago. Then suddenly, I realize, my definition of artistic vision seems to only include the free-hand masterpiece my son, Rye, colored on the bathroom wall. So now, three babies and a million diapers later, I am going to Re-Igninte my passion for All Things Beautiful! Like I said, the purchase of the new sewing machine really was the catalyst for all of this, and what way better than a blog to document the journey of my creative self? Everything's game-- from the very first thing I have ever sewn in my life (the dress my daughter, Apple, is sporting in the photos!) to a new paint color on my wall! I am so excited to embark on this experience!

No comments: